In this age of designer products, having designer homes is a very common phenomenon. A home is no more just a roof over your head; it is a lifestyle statement that you make. It is a means of giving a message to your known ones about yourself and your living standards.
A well-designed home encompasses a stylish, elegant, and comfortable living. Home is a place where you relax, unwind, host parties, entertain guests and above all, live with your loved ones. It is that one place you go back to after every day of hard work, and would definitely want it to be one of the best places in the world. To make your home designing work a little simpler, there are various designer builders who perform customized work as per the client requirements.
Home Designing Tips
A designer might be helping you out, but you need to work in close association to see to it that your requirements are met. After all, every home and every family has varying demands. However, some points remain common to some extent.
* First and foremost, decide upon the overall theme you wish to give to your house. Going through magazines and websites, you will come across themes like country, traditional, contemporary, European, among others. You may also give each room a separate theme. If you have children, you also need to take care of the themes for their rooms. This again is a whole new section in itself.
* Decide your budget and discuss the possibilities you can explore with your builder and designer. Every budget has possibilities and limitations, and you must be very clear on this part so that things do not go out of estimate.
* Create a plan for the home that takes into account the needs of the family. Taking a close look at the floor space available, you can decide upon the type of furniture to place and the positioning of each piece. To achieve that designer look, maintain uniformity in the furniture type throughout.
* Lighting plays an important part in the looks of a home. Make sure that you have a good scope for flow for natural light during the day. Place all artificial lighting at strategic places where they are most required. To get a bit stylish, you can spread out a number of low-voltage bulbs to give a uniform feel throughout, with added lights where needed.
* The color of the paint is the first thing that catches your eyes when you enter a room. Try to keep it somber and pleasing to the eye. A designer home usually has a combination of two or three colors. This is both indoors and outdoors. While selecting colors, try to see to it that the colors complement each other and how they look both in daylight and artificial light.
* Eco-friendly homes are gaining a lot of popularity and can also be a matter of pride. Explore the possibilities you have in your area and you can always have one.
To improve page loading speed, we have put the photo gallery for this article on the next page: view photo gallery.