Article source: Natural News Blog
By: Anna McPhee
Papaya, this tropical fruit is nutritious and also have an amazing taste. The benefits of this super food you can look forward to:
1. Papaya is a rich source of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids; the B vitamins, folate and pantothenic acid; and the minerals, potassium and magnesium. All of these nutrients are necessary to lower your risk of getting many diseases.
2. Consuming 2-3 servings of papaya every day may keep your eyesight normal, this is due to the beta cartotene and vitamin A it contains.
3. It also helps in boosting the immunity system of our body. Vitamin A and vitamin C are essential to strengthen your immune system and helps fight infections.
4. Papaya is a great skin protection as it’s packed with vitamin E and beta carotene. That’s why papaya often features in creams, face masks and other cosmetic products. Vitamin E supports collagen production, which is the substance that keeps your skin young-looking. Beta carotene smoothes away the wrinkles and makes your skin healthy.
5. Papaya also has anti-cancer activity. Its fiber is able to bind to cancer-causing toxins in the colon, thus preventing them from harming the colon cells. Also, because of the rich content of fiber, papaya is helpful for keeping your bowels happy and moving.
6. Papaya can also make you feel relaxed, thus reducing your stress levels. Vitamin C helps regulate the flow of stress hormones, papaya is rich in vitamin C, makes it a great snack for the stressful days.
Why you should not throw out the seeds
There is something else that this fruit offers us as a benefit. The seeds of the papaya plant are packed with anti-amoebic and anti-gut-parasite nutrients.
A study of Nigerian school children who were infected with stomach worms, amoebas, etc. showed that taking small doses of papaya seed extract for only one week cleared out 75 percent of the offending bacteria. Papaya seeds can also promote general gastrointestinal health, but their usefulness in combating stomach and intestine dwelling parasites is especially noteworthy.
To maximize the effectiveness of papaya seed or papaya seed extract on parasite removal, take it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Also take a laxative along with the “medicine” to ensure that the greatest possible amount of bacteria is flushed out of your system.
Since papaya seeds taken alone are not particularly appetizing, a good option is to make a “papaya seed shake”. You will want to start out with only small amounts of papaya seed to make sure you are not one of those rare individuals who may experience allergic side effects. However, for most people, there is no problem. If all goes well, you can increase the dosage in later shakes.
The recipe for a papaya seed shake is as follows:
Take one tablespoon of fresh papaya seeds, and throw them into a blender. Make sure you use a blender with some real kick to it so that the seeds are chopped up thoroughly.
Throw in some natural yogurt or coconut water on top.
Now cut off about a third of the papaya, and chop it up into chunks. You can use less if desired. It will depend on how big that particular papaya is, on how big your blender is, and on how big your appetite is.
Now grab a quarter cup of pumpkin seeds, and throw them in on top. Pumpkin seeds also contain powerful anti-parasitic enzymes, so including them in the mix will make your shake even more powerful.
You may wish to add in some other tasty fruits as well: fresh pineapple, coconut, mango, banana, etc. Any fresh fruit will be packed with healthy vitamins, so you can¡¯t really go wrong. They will taste delicious as well, of course, which is the real reason you will put them in the shake.
You will now want to include a handful of fresh cloves to help eradicate parasite eggs. Oddly enough, cloves have elements in them that are great at doing just that.
With everything now included, turn on the blender. Blend it well so that all the ingredients are evenly distributed. The bitterness of the papaya seeds should be well masked, and you can give yourself an anti-parasite treatment that tastes great.
To improve page loading speed, we have put the photo gallery for this article on the next page: view photo gallery.